Tuesday, April 19, 2011

In the beginning...

A few years ago I went to get a haircut and the stylist said to me "did you know you can curl your hair with a flatiron?"  And quickly she went to work.  Loved it!  Now this would be the last time my hair looked great for a while.  Since the only person who saw my hair on a daily basis was my 1 1/2 year old daughter - and she didn't care what I looked like as long as I made good with the Cheerios and Sesame Street.  So fast forward a bit and now I'm starting college.  Now I know most college kids like to wear sweats to school but I was an adult and my program was to be a professional so I decided to dress the part, even while in college.  I was nearly clueless about makeup and hair, even though I always read fashion and beauty magazines.  I guess I never really tried to apply those things to my life.  I was a one foundation and taupe eyeshadow kinda girl and had no clue that eyebrows should be groomed.  So when I bought a flatiron and failed miserably at re-creating the gorgeous hair that the stylist had done for me a year ago, I took to the internet in hopes somebody could teach me.  Behold....YouTube beauty tutorials!  All the ladies (and some talented gentlemen) were my new best friends - in a matter of speaking.  I am an avid reader of all things beauty and like all of you I love looking at new makeup and trying new things.  I've learned SO much in the past few years, and now I find myself buying new products and wanting to share with all my fellow beauty"girlfriends" the joys and perils of new products. 
So here I am, another link in the beauty chain of devoted lovers of all things beautiful, glowing, and fabulous.  Let's share, and be gorgeous together!

No comments:

Post a Comment