Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Birchbox - April

April's Birchbox was all about being "green" - not just the contents, but the actual box itself. Birchbox's usual hot pink box was changed to green for the month of April - how cool! Birchbox was celebrating Earth Day so they chose products to reflect a greener way to beautify yourself.

The Lineup

  • Weleda Wild Rose Smoothing Facial Lotion
  • LIV GRN C2C Fragrance Collection Natural Eau De Parfum
  • Zoya Intimate Spring 2011 Nail Polish Collection in Dove
  • Zhena's Gypsy Tea Italian Chamomile
  • Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser
and a super sweet little bonus, a card that you plant and it grows wildflowers!


The Winner:
SUKI!! SUKI!! SUKI!! - I can't stress enough how good this makes my skin feel! This sweet, lemon smelling cleanser starts off feeling like a sugar scrub, but then all of a sudden it changes to a foam and rinses clean.  Leaves my face squeaky clean, but without overdrying.  I haven't picked this up from the Birchbox store yet, but it is soon to be my first full-size purchase - $29.95 for a 4oz jar.

The Honorable Mention:
Well manicured hands in the air to Zoya's polish for not chipping for 4 days and looks beautiful - even in grey!  Since trying Zoya, I've purchased a pink matte polish from them that is quite pretty.

The Disappointment:
Weleda Wild Rose Smoothing Facial Lotion.  Sorry Weleda but this smells so wrong to me that I couldn't wait to get it off - and I only had it on my fingers.  I threw the sample away without even putting it on my face.

So what about the rest?
I actually haven't tried the tea yet.  I'm more of a hot tea in the wintertime girl.  Since I live in South Texas, I can't seem to get away from the heat.  I will let you all know about the tea the next time I am feeling under the weather or, it's cold.  Whichever comes first!
The LIV GRN perfume - is fresh and sweet, smells like apples.  But so does DKNY be Delicious, which I already own so, I gave this sample to a friend to enjoy.
The wildflower card I'm saving for a rainy day - flowers need water to grow right?

Thanks for reading!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment